Openings of the North Ormesby Library

These photos record the openings of the North Ormesby Library, taken in different years.

The first photo is of the opening of the first library branch in Middlesbrough, based at North Ormesby; it was officially opened by Ald. T. J. Kedward Esq. J.P. on April 20th 1927.

Photo courtesy of Northern Echo Newspaper.

North Ormesby Library Opening, 1927, Northern Echo Newspaper

The second photo is the opening of the new North Ormesby Library, taken in 1936. In the photo, a young boy is studying a wooden model of a ship.

Photo courtesy of Middlesbrough Public Libraries.

North Ormesby Library Opening, 1936, Middlesbrough Public Libraries

The third photo, taken in 1936, is of the official opening of the North Ormesby Library.

Photo courtesy of Middlesbrough Public Libraries.

North Ormesby Library Opening, 1936, Middlesbrough Public Libraries

The fourth photo, taken in 1953, is of people reading at the North Ormesby Library’s official re-opening.

Photo courtesy of Evening Gazette.

North Ormesby Library Re-Opening, 1953 - Evening Gazette

The fifth and final photo is of the interior of the North Ormesby Library, taken in 1953 on the library’s official re-opening.

Photo courtesy of Mather’s Photographers, 140 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough.

North Ormesby Library Re-Opening, 1953 - Mather's Photographers, 140 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *